Focus on Tigers at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore
Tigers Photography Tour
Focus on Tigers, at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore for 12 days/11 nights with 24 Safaris, Tigers Photography Tour. Both parks have a high density of tigers, and most importantly sightings are frequent. Hence many chances to watch and photograph the tiger. Due to these, parks are world famous, as the best parks for tigers. Like all our trips, a wildlife photographer will accompany and help you. Stay is in a deluxe resort, with most modern facilities. Our best tiger tour, for tiger watching and photography.
Features & Information
Highlights of this Tigers Photography Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Our Best Tiger Watching and Photography Tour.
- Best parks to see & photograph Wild Bengal Tigers.
- Serious focus, for best tiger viewing & photography.
- 20 Jungle safaris/game drives, in a 4×4 open private vehicle (gypsy).
- Average 2 Guest so no crowd. Max 5.
- 2-3 guests per vehicle, hence, comfortable watching & photography. (can seat 6)
- Best for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Less Travel, hence, Maximum time spent in the forest.
- Spacious, Air-conditioned, Innova SUV for transfers, so there is ample space for camera bags & luggage.
Itinerary of this Tigers Photography Tour.
The Tour Starts at Jabalpur and Ends in Jaipur.
- Day 1 – Pickup from Jabalpur airport/hotel in the morning. We will drive by road (approx 3-4 hrs) to Bandhavgarh National Park and check-in at the Resort at noon. After lunch, we go for our first Evening Safari inside the Bandhavgarh national park.
- Day 2,3,4,5 – We will do Morning and Evening Game Drives inside Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
- Day 6 – After the Morning Game Drive at Bandhavgarh. After early dinner, we drive from Bandhavgarh to Katni railway station (approx 2 hrs). We will board the overnight Air-conditioned train from Katni to Sawai Madhopur at around 9:50 pm. The train is scheduled to reach Sawai Madhopur in the morning at 9:00 am.
- Day 7 – After reaching Sawai Madhopur, we drive to Ranthambore Resort (20 mins). After check-in, we will have Breakfast at Resort. After lunch, we will go for Evening safari, in Ranthambore National Park.
- Day 8,9,10,11 – We will do Morning and Evening Game Drives in Ranthambore Park.
- Day 12 – On the last day after the final Morning Game Drive.
After Lunch, we will check-out, and drive to Jaipur. The Tour ends at Jaipur Airport/Hotel.
Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh – Katni – Sawai Madhopur – Ranthambore – Jaipur
Alternate Flight Option available at additional cost.
If you prefer to fly, instead of the overnight train from Katni to Sawai Madhopur then Day 6 & 7 will be as follows.
- Day 6 – We will do our last Morning Game Drive at Bandhavgarh. After breakfast, we drive from Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur airport (approx 3-4 hrs). Take a flight from Jabalpur to Delhi (approx 2-3 hrs flight). We will stay Overnight at a Delhi hotel.
- Day 7 – Early morning transfer to Delhi airport and fly from Delhi to Jaipur (2 hrs). We will try to take a flight that reaches before 10 a.m. at Jaipur, drive from Jaipur to Ranthambore (3-4 hrs). After lunch, we will go on our Evening Game Drive inside the Ranthambore park.
Cost of Tour
Cost per person is (Price is given in Indian Rupees)
2,96,000 INR if 2-3 foreign participants.(double occupancy)
Single occupancy available at an additional charge.
Optional Professional Services
Same Driver for all safaris in Ranthambore.
A skilled safari driver is a necessary asset to good tiger photography. An alert and talented driver would predict the movement of animals and other vehicles and place the vehicle in the best spot to photograph the animal. The difference could be a head-on shot of the tiger or just shots from behind the tiger or even behind other vehicles blocking your view. Although we have the same drivers, for all safaris, in most parks, included in the cost, including Bandhavgarh. In Ranthambore, forest dept charges extra fees, to keep the same driver. To have a comparable price, with other tours, we had to exclude this. As result for good photography, we recommend this optional fees.
36000 INR (Cost is for the entire vehicle regardless of no of people in it. Forest dept may change this any time without notice.)
- 20 safaris/game drives.
- All the Park Fees.
- Stay in Deluxe Resorts for 10 Nights.
- All the meals including morning and evening tea/coffee.
- Pickup/Drop from/to Jabalpur.
- Travel between Parks is in Overnight Air-conditioned Train.
- Bottled Water for Drinking.
- Service of forest guide and driver on safaris.
- The help of a Wildlife photographer as Tour Leader.
Cost does not Include
- Travel cost from your home to Jabalpur and back from Jaipur.
- Elephant Ride (if any).
- Tip for the guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic drinks, sodas, Laundry, telephone and other items of a personal nature.
- Forest Fees for Handicams/Video cameras. ( fees for still cameras included).
Accommodation used during this Tigers Photography Tour
Stay is in deluxe resorts, with modern amenities including air-conditioning, hot showers, power backup and swimming pool etc.
A Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen, serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
The resorts are close to the park.
Plenty of birds in and around the resort makes it a relaxing stay, particularly for birders & photographers.
Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
Additional Info About this Tigers Photography Tour
Focus on Tigers at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore is meant for extraordinary Tiger watching and photography experience.
Although the focus and prime attraction of this tour are the Royal Bengal Tigers, you may also see & photograph other wildlife like Sambar deer, Gaur (wild oxen also known as Indian Bison), Jackal, Monkey and a variety of Birds including raptors and owls.
Our tour runs at a comfortable pace that we consider is required for a good wildlife tour. Hence we give more time at each park, instead of traveling about from place to place. Wildlife in our experience needs time and patience.
Each tour plan is simple and needs minimum travel outside the forest. We spend most of the time on safari watching and photographing wildlife.
Private guided tour
A wildlife photographer guides all our tours.
The average group size is usually 2 to 3 nature lovers.
Advantages to Photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in-field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers benefit from the accompanying photographer’s knowledge about the parks and wildlife.
Best time for Tiger Sightings
Generally, the best season considered for tiger sightings is summer. March/April are considered the best months as the summer heat is bearable and sightings quite frequent. May/June are equally good but hotter. In peak summers when there is less water inside the park, tigers spend maximum time near the remaining few waterholes. They cool off by sitting in the water and later sleep close by in the shade. Having said that the winter months give moody images of this mystical beast.
Best time for tiger sightings is early morning and late evening. Also, the animals are most active. The soft golden light offers fabulous images. Hence we enter the forest as soon as the park opens in the morning and stay as late in the evening until the park closes.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings safari usually starts as early as 5:30 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect?
20 safaris during the 12 days give lots of chances to watch & photograph the Bengal Tigers.
Besides tiger, the parks have a variety of other animals like langur, cheetal, sambar, jackal, gaur, marsh crocodile, leopard, sloth bear, neelgai and jungle cat.
Besides, there are more than 200 species of birds recorded in the parks.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph tigers and other wildlife, along with other like-minded people.
How to reach Jabalpur?
From Delhi/Mumbai, you can take the overnight train or Flight to Jabalpur. The tour starts at Jabalpur and ends at Jaipur. Both Jabalpur and Jaipur have daily direct flights from/to Delhi or Mumbai.
The cost for a non-photographer participant is the same as photographers.
The cost for foreigners is higher than of Indians.