Bandhavgarh Kanha Wildlife Photography Tour
Bandhavgarh – Kanha Wildlife Photography Tour for 11 days/10 nights. Accompanied by wildlife photographer. Stay in comfortable air conditioned jungle resorts close to the park. Two of the best known reserves in india, to see and photograph the wild tigers, the rare hard ground barasingha and a variety of mammals and birds. The first part of this tour focuses on Tigers, and the second part we try to see the abundant variety of mammals that Kanha has to offer. Designed to see the maximum variety of mammals. If you want to experience Indian forest and see a lot of wildlife variety the you should book this tour.
Features & Information
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- Best place to see & photograph wild tigers along with rare hard ground swamp deers(barasinghas), gaurs (wild oxen also indian bison).
- 19 Jungle safaris/game drives in 4×4 open private jeep (gypsy).
- Only 2-3 participants in each vehicle (can seat 6) for optimal watching & photographic opportunity from both sides of vehicle.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Less Travel and Maximum time spent in the forest.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- Spacious Air conditioned vehicles for traveling to the parks.
- Day 1 – Pickup from Jabalpur airport/hotel in morning, travel by road (approx 3-4 hrs) to Bandhavgarh, Check-in at resort at noon. After lunch, Evening Game Drive inside the park.
- Day 2,3,4,5 – Morning and Evening Game Drives inside park.
- Day 6 – Morning Game Drive, after Breakfast, Drive from Bandhavgarh to Kanha (approx 5 hrs) with packed lunch. Reach Resort at Kanha before evening. Have Dinner and rest at night for early morning excursion.
- Day 7,8,9,10 – Morning and Evening Game Drives inside park.
- Day 11 – Morning Game Drive, Breakfast and check-out and drive back to Jabalpur. The Tour concludes at our designated point in Jabalpur.
Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh – Kanha – Jabalpur
Cost per person is
Single occupancy available at additional Supplementary charge.
You can opt to attend only 6D/5N of this tour, which is only Bandhavgarh or Kanha.Cost Includes
- 19 open jeep safaris
- Pickup/Drop from/to Jabalpur
- Transfer from Bandhavgarh to Kanha
- All park fees
- 10 nights accommodation in very comfortable air conditioned & elegantly furnished jungle resorts based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
- Your travel charges from your home to Jabalpur and back.
- Rides on an elephant for tiger shows.
- Tips to forest guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas
- Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
- Forest fees for Handicams/Video cameras (forest fees if any for still cameras will be paid).
- Stay in very comfortable air conditioned & elegantly furnished jungle resorts.
- Modern amenities including air conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- Our accommodations are quite close to the forest and have a very natural ambiance.
- Lots of bird life in the resort makes for a pleasant surrounding, especially for birders & photographers.
- In Kanha, we have both options of staying at a resort outside the park or for those who love to be surrounded by the forest, you can choose to stay inside the forest (2-3 km) (based on availability), the accommodations inside the forest are also comfortable, Air conditioned rooms and with most modern amenities like clean and comfortable bed, power backup, hot & cold water, a full-fledged restaurant serving delicious food on buffet. etc.
- Being inside the forest has its own advantage, you see animals even when not on safari, although not as luxurious as the resort outside the park, but the ambiance of the forest makes up for the few things you compromise.
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
The first part of the tour to Bandhavgarh will focus on Tigers. Although wildlife sightings especially tiger sightings can never be guaranteed, Bandhavgarh has been very good so far on our tours with respect to tiger sightings.
The second part of the tour to Kanha will also have tigers on the list but we will also look for other wildlife like the rare hard ground swamp deer (barasingha), Gaurs (wild oxen locally called as Indian bisons), dholes (wild dogs), jackals, jungle cats and birds including raptors and owls.
January is the rutting season of the barasinghas so there are very good chances to photograph displaying males during this time.
All our tours operate at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Thus we give more time at each place, instead of hopping around from place to place. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
Each tour itinerary is simple and needs minimum travel outside the forest. We spend most of the time on safari watching and photographing wildlife.
A tour with us will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.Private guided tour All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people. Advantages to photographers Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.Best time for wildlife We enter the forest as soon as the park gates open in morning and stay as late in the evening before the park gate closes. We understand that the Best possible time to watch & photograph wildlife is the early mornings and late evenings when animal activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings safari usually starts as early as 6:00 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.What to expect 19 jungle safaris/game drives during the 11 days will give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph the Bengal Tigers, the rare hard ground swamp deer (barasingha) and a host of other amazing wildlife like langurs, cheetals, sambars, jackals, gaurs(Indian bison), dholes(Indian wild dogs) and variety of birds. Etc. Ranthambore Fort Ranthambore also has an ancient fort. You can see the human presence around the park. A visit to the fort can be arranged at an extra cost. Who can join this tour? Any person who wants to see or photograph tigers and other wildlife, along with other like-minded people. How to reach Jabalpur? From Delhi/Mumbai, you can take the overnight train or Flight to Jabalpur. The tour starts and ends at Jabalpur. Jabalpur has daily direct flights to Delhi or Mumbai. Cost The cost for nonphotographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers. The cost for foreigners is higher than that for Indians.