Velavadar Blackbuck Tour
Velavadar Blackbuck Tour for 4 days and 3 nights. It is a grassland habitat famous for the Blackbuck Antelope. The Blackbuck is endemic to India and Velavadar is one of its prime habitats. Wolves and Striped Hyena are the main predators in the park. Several birds like the endangered Lesser Florican breed here. Velavadar has several wintering species of harriers and is considered the world’s largest roosting site for harriers. You can also find the Neelgai, Indian Fox, Jungle Cat among other species.
Features & Information
Highlights of Velavadar Blackbuck Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Comfortable Air Conditioned Accommodation.
- The Best place to see Blackbucks.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- 6 Safaris in the Park.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- A spacious Air-conditioned vehicle for transfer to the park.
Itinerary of Velavadar Blackbuck Tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Ahmedabad in the early morning. We will travel by road (approx 3 hrs) to Velavadar. Check-in at around noon. After lunch, We go for our first Evening Safari.
- Day 2,3 – Morning and Evening Safari in Velavadar National Park.
- Day 4 – Morning Drive, after Breakfast, check-out and drive back to Ahmedabad. The Tour concludes at Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad – Velavadar – Ahmedabad
Cost of Velavadar Blackbuck Tour
- 6 Safaris in Velavadar.
- 3 nights accommodation based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Ahmedabad
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Ahmedabad and back.
- Tips to guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature.
- We Stay in very comfortable air-conditioned & elegantly furnished resorts.
- The Accommodation has Modern amenities including air-conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- A Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- The accommodation is bordering the park with a very natural ambiance.
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the Velavadar Blackbuck Tour
Velavadar Blackbuck National Park is one of the best places for not only blackbuck but also Neelgai, Jungle Cat, Wolf, Striped Hyena, Fox. The park is a good place to watch grassland birds like lark, bushchat, wheatear, sandgrouse, francolin, and quail. Also famous as the largest roosting site for Harriers in winters. Montagu’s Harrier, Pallid Harrier, and Marsh Harrier can be seen in large numbers, while Hen Harrier is occasionally spotted.
Although the park is closed during monsoon, Post-Monsoon the endangered Lesser Florican visit this park and surrounding areas to breed.
Even though this is a short offbeat tour, we still operate it at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
We will spend most of the time especially early mornings and late evenings in the park.
A tour with us to this unique grassland habitat will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We will start and end our drives early mornings and late evenings when activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images. In Winters (dec/Jan) which is also the best time when its cold in the mornings the harrier keep hovering around for some spectacular flight shots. Summers is when you have best chances to see the Wolf and Hyena, especially in May.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings drives usually start as early as 5:45 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
6 Safaris during the tour should give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph grassland animals and birds.
How to reach Ahmedabad?
Ahmedabad has direct daily flights from Mumbai/Delhi.
The cost for non-photographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers.