Satpura the Hidden Jewel
Satpura the Hidden Jewel for 4 days and 3 nights. Until recently this was a virtually unknown tiger reserve. Satpura National Park is a scenic park with a variety of mammals that include the tiger, leopard, sambar, chital, nilgai, four-horned antelope, chinkara, bison, wild boar and wild dog etc. The daily ferry to cross the river to reach the entrance of the park is also a nice experience. Summers are best for leopards and sloth bears.
Features & Information
Highlights of Satpura the Hidden Jewel Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Comfortable Air Conditioned Accommodation.
- Variety of Birds and Mammals. Great in summers for Leopards and Sloth Bears.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- 6 Safaris in the Park.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- A spacious Air-conditioned vehicle for transfer to the park.
Itinerary of Satpura the Hidden Jewel Tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Bhopal in the early morning. We will travel by road (approx 3 hrs) to Satpura. Check-in at around noon. After lunch, We go for our first Evening Safari.
- Day 2,3 – Morning and Evening Safari in Satpura National Park.
- Day 4 – Morning Drive, after Breakfast, check-out and drive back to Bhopal. The Tour concludes at Bhopal.
Bhopal – Satpura – Bhopal
Cost of Satpura the Hidden Jewel Tour
- 6 Safaris in Satpura.
- 3 nights accommodation based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Bhopal
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Bhopal and back.
- Tips for guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature.
- We Stay in very comfortable air-conditioned & elegantly furnished resorts.
- The Accommodation has Modern amenities including air-conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- A Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- The accommodation is bordering the park with a very natural ambiance.
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the Satpura the Hidden Jewel Tour
Even though this is a short offbeat tour, we still operate it at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
We will spend most of the time especially early mornings and late evenings in the park.
A tour with us to this unique grassland habitat will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We will start and end our drives early mornings and late evenings when activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images. In Summers there is a very high chance to spot the Leopard and Sloth Bear.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings drives usually start as early as 5:45 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
6 Safaris during the tour should give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph animals and birds.
How to reach Bhopal?
Bhopal has direct daily flights from Mumbai/Delhi.
The cost for non-photographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers.