Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour
Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour for 4 days and 3 nights. The Little Rann of Kutch is one of the best place where the endangered Indian Wild Ass Survives. The Sanctuary is a refuge to other creatures apart from wild ass like the chinkara(Indian gazelle), desert fox (Indian and White-footed), jackals, caracals, nilgais, Indian wolves, blackbucks, and striped hyenas.
Features & Information
Highlights of Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Comfortable Accommodation.
- The Best place to see Indian Wild Ass.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- 6 Safaris in the Park.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- A spacious Air-conditioned vehicle for transfer to the park.
Itinerary of Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Ahmedabad in the early morning. We will travel by road (approx 3 hrs) to Little Rann of Kutch. Check-in at around noon. After lunch, We go for our first Evening Safari.
- Day 2,3 – Morning and Evening Safari in Little Rann of Kutch.
- Day 4 – Morning Drive, after Breakfast, check-out and drive back to Ahmedabad. The Tour concludes at Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad – Velavadar – Ahmedabad
Cost of Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour
- 6 Safaris in Little Rann of Kutch.
- 3 nights accommodation based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Ahmedabad
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Ahmedabad and back.
- Tips to guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature.
- We Stay in comfortable air-conditioned eco friendly Accommodation.
- The Accommodation has Modern amenities including air-conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- A Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- The accommodation is bordering the park with a very natural ambiance.
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the Little Rann of Kutch Wild Ass Tour
Little Rann of Kutch is the only place where the endangered Indian Wild Ass Survives. Its landscape is dry arid also one of India’s big salt pans. The Sanctuary is a refuge to other creatures apart from wild ass. Other species found here are the chinkara(Indian gazelle), desert fox (Indian and White-footed), jackals, caracals, nilgais, Indian wolves, blackbucks, and striped hyenas.
Winter months the demmossile and common cranes are seen in large numbers. The wetlands also attract flamingos, pelicans, storks, ibises, spoonbill, a variety of ducks and other waterfowl.
Even though this is a short offbeat tour, we still operate it at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
We will spend most of the time especially early mornings and late evenings in the park.
A tour with us to this unique habitat will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We will start and end our drives early mornings and late evenings when activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings drives usually start as early as 5:45 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
6 Safaris during the tour should give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph Indian Wild Ass. You may also sometime see the wolf, striped hyenna, jungle cat, fox etc
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph grassland animals and birds.
How to reach Ahmedabad?
Ahmedabad has direct daily flights from Mumbai/Delhi.
The cost for non-photographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers.