Leopards of Bera and Jawai
Leopards of Bera and Jawai for 4 days and 3 nights. The Rocky Terrain around Bera and Jawai region in India is a unique area where people and leopards have made their home next to each other. The balance here is so unimaginable that both man and beast have learned to respect each other’s place. Leopards are one of the most elusive cats with incredible ability to stay unseen. Most Wildlife lovers are always excited to see a leopard in the wild. Jawai Bera is where you can regularly find these shy and difficult felines. The Rocky terrain of the village of about 35 km shelters about 35 leopards. This is the best place to see Indian leopards for certain in India.
Features & Information
Highlights of Leopards of Bera and Jawai Tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- Stay in a Village.
- Comfortable Air Conditioned Accommodation.
- A unique place to see wild leopards.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- 6 drives in search for leopards.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- A spacious Air-conditioned vehicle for transfer to the park.
Itinerary of Leopards of Bera and Jawai Tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Udaipur in the early morning. We will travel by road (approx 3 hrs) to Bera Village. Check-in at around noon. After lunch, We go for our first Evening Drive in search of the Leopards.
- Day 2,3 – Morning and Evening Drives searching leopards around Bera and Jawai.
- Day 4 – Morning Drive, after Breakfast, check-out and drive back to Udaipur. The Tour concludes at Udaipur.
Udaipur – Bera – Udaipur
Cost of Leopards of Bera and Jawai Tour
- 6 drives searching leopards.
- 3 nights accommodation in air-conditioned tents based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Udaipur
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Cost does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Udaipur and back.
- Tips to guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature.
- Modest Clean air-conditioned accommodation.
- Simple Indian Food.
- Modern amenities like hot and cold water, air-conditioner, heater, attached bathroom and toilet etc
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the Leopards of Bera and Jawai Tour
Leopards of Bera and Jawai is a unique experience. Staying in one of India’s remote Village surrounded by leopards hills.
Even though this is a short offbeat tour, we still operate it at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
We will spend most of the time especially early mornings and late evenings tracking leopards in the rocky terrain of Jawai Bera region.
Unlike a typical safari, this may require a little walk, wait in the vehicle sometimes or sit under a tree on a small cliff waiting for the leopard to emerge on the opposite cliff. This place is unlike any other you may have visited. It’s truly offbeat.
The Rabari people who live in this region are mostly cattle, goat herders. They with their distinct attire of white dress and red turbans graze the animals in the same hills where the leopards live.
There is a strange relation between man and beast and fortunately in the last few decades no man or animal harmed by each other.
A tour with us to this hidden jewel will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We will start and end our drives based on ground information of the leopards of the area. Best possible time to watch & photograph these leopards is early mornings and late evenings when activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images. In Winters (dec/Jan) which is also the best time when its cold in the mornings the leopards come out to bask in the early morning sunlight.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings drives usually start as early as 5:45 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
6 drives during the tour should give good opportunities to watch & photograph the leopard.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph Leopards.
How to reach Udaipur?
Udaipur has direct daily flights from Mumbai/Delhi.
The cost for non-photographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers.