Focus on Tigers at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore
Focus on Tigers at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore for 12 days/11 nights. As the name suggests this is a Tiger tour. This tour is for anyone who wishes to see or photograph wild Bengal tigers. There is a very high density of tigers and frequent sightings in both parks, This is one of the best combination of parks for tiger photography. Like all our tours this tiger tour is also accompanied by a wildlife photographer to assist you in getting great tiger photographs. Both Bandhavgarh & Ranthambore are world famous as the best parks for tigers. The stay is in comfortably air-conditioned resorts. Photographer or not, if your focus is Tigers then this is one of our best tours.
Features & Information
Highlights of the tiger tour
- One of the Best Tiger Tour.
- Two best places to see & photograph wild Bengal Tigers.
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- 20 Jungle safaris/game drives in a 4×4 open private vehicle (gypsy).
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- Only 2-3 participants in each vehicle (can seat 6) for optimal watching & photographic opportunity.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on excellent tiger watching & tiger photography.
- Less Travel and Maximum time spent in the forest.
- Spacious Air-conditioned vehicles for traveling to the parks.
Itinerary of the tiger tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Jabalpur airport/hotel in the morning. We will travel by road (approx 3-4 hrs) to Bandhavgarh and Check-in at the resort around noon. After lunch, we go for our first Evening Safari inside Bandhavgarh national park.
- Day 2,3,4,5 – We will do Morning and Evening Game Drives inside Bandhavgarh park.
- Day 6 – We will do our last Morning Game Drive at Bandhavgarh. After lunch and early dinner, we will drive from Bandhavgarh to Katni railway station (approx 2 hrs). We will board the overnight Air-conditioned train from Katni to Sawai Madhopur at around 9:50 pm. The train is scheduled to reach in the morning at around 9:00 am.
- Day 7 – After we reach Sawai Madhopur in the morning. We will Drive to Ranthambore (20 mins) and have Breakfast at Resort. After having lunch will go for Evening Game Drive inside the Ranthambore national park.
- Day 8,9,10,11 – We will do Morning and Evening Game Drives inside Ranthambore park.
- Day 12 – On the last day we will do the Morning Game Drive, After having Lunch we will check-out and drive back to Jaipur. The Tour concludes at Jaipur Airport/hotel.
Jabalpur – Bandhavgarh – Katni – Sawai Madhopur – Ranthambore – Jaipur
Alternate Flight Option available at additional cost.
If you prefer to fly instead of the overnight train from Katni to Sawai Madhopur then Day 6 & 7 will be as follows.
- Day 6 – We will do our last Morning Game Drive at Bandhavgarh and after breakfast drive from Bandhavgarh to Jabalpur airport (approx 3-4 hrs). Take a flight from Jabalpur to Delhi (approx 2-3 hrs flight). We will stay Overnight at a Delhi hotel.
- Day 7 – Early morning transfer to Delhi airport and fly from Delhi to Jaipur (2 hrs). Try to take a flight that reaches before 10 a.m. at Jaipur, drive from Jaipur to Ranthambore (3-4 hrs). After lunch, we will go on our Evening Game Drive inside the Ranthambore park.
Overseas Nationals (Cost given below is in Indian Rupees)
Cost per person is
Single occupancy available at additional Supplementary charge.
- 20 open jeep safaris
- All the park fees
- 10 nights accommodation in comfortable air-conditioned jungle resorts based on double occupancy
- All the meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Jabalpur/Nagpur
- The overnight train travels in Air-conditioned class between parks.
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Cost does not Include
- Your travel charges from your hometown, to Jabalpur and back from Jaipur.
- Rides on an elephant if any.
- Tips to forest guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature.
- Forest fees for Handicams/Video cameras (forest fees if any for still cameras will be paid).
- We Stay in very comfortable air-conditioned & elegantly furnished jungle resorts.
- The Accommodation has Modern amenities including air-conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- A Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- The accommodations are quite close to the forest and have a very natural ambiance.
- There is Lot of bird life in the resort which makes for a pleasant surrounding, especially for birders & photographers.
- Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the tiger tour
Focus on Tigers at Bandhavgarh and Ranthambore is designed for exceptional Tiger watching and photography experience.
Although the focus and prime attraction of this tour are the Bengal tigers you may also see & photograph other wildlife like Sambar deer, Gaur (wild oxen also known as Indian Bisons), jackals, Monkeys and a variety of birds including raptors and owls.
All our tours operate at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Thus we give more time at each place, instead of hopping around from place to place. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
Each tour itinerary is simple and needs minimum travel outside the forest. We spend most of the time on safari watching and photographing wildlife.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We enter the forest as soon as the park gates open in morning and stay as late in the evening before the park gate closes. We understand that the Best possible time to watch & photograph wildlife is early mornings and late evenings when animal activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings safari usually starts as early as 6:00 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
20 jungle safaris during the 11 days will give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph the Bengal Tigers and a host of other amazing wildlife like langur, cheetal, sambar, jackal, gaur(Indian bison), Magar (crocodile) and a variety of birds. Etc
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph tigers and other wildlife, along with other like-minded people.
How to reach Jabalpur?
From Delhi/Mumbai, you can take the overnight train or Flight to Jabalpur. The tour starts at Jabalpur and ends at Jaipur. Both Jabalpur and Jaipur have daily direct flights from/to Delhi or Mumbai.
The cost for non photographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers. The cost for foreigners is higher than that for Indians.