Corbett Jungle Stay & Photography tour
Corbett Jungle Stay & Photography tour for 7 days and 6 nights. Being one of the most scenic parks in India. It has plenty of tigers, elephants and other animals & birds. The main attraction of Corbett is that we will stay inside the park at Bijrani and Dikhala zone. Stay is in Basic jungle rest house run by the forest dept of India. Bijrani zone is famous for tigers and Dhikala zone has large open meadows with Elephants, tigers, and other animals and birds. Bijrani has no electricity, so extra batteries for equipment are recommended. There is some solar based power to power fan etc but cannot be relied on. This tour is for those who can live without some luxuries in the middle of the jungle.
Features & Information
Highlights of the Corbett tour
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- One of the most scenic parks in India.
- A Land of Tigers and Elephants.
- Stay inside core area of the forest.
- 3 nights – Bijrani forest rest house – No electricity.
- 3 nights – Dhikala forest rest house. – Electricity available.
- Small group of 2 people on average, max 5
- 12 Jungle safaris/game drives in 4×4 open private jeep (gypsy).
- Only 2-3 participants in each vehicle (can seat 6) for optimal watching & photographic opportunity.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- Less Travel and Maximum time spent in the forest.
- A spacious air-conditioned vehicle for transfer to the park.
Itinerary of the Corbett tour
- Day 1 – Pickup from Delhi in the early morning around 5 a.m. We will then travel by road (approx 6 hrs) to Ramnagar to reach around 11 a.m. We will have breakfast on the way. At Ramnagar, we take a break to quickly freshen up. We will transfer our luggage to the Gypsy (safari vehicle) and enter Corbett national park to Bijrani Forest Rest House. Around noon we will have lunch. later we will go for our first Evening Safari inside the Corbett Bijrani zone searching for tigers and other animals.
- Day 2,3 – We will do Morning and Evening Safari Drives inside the Bijrani zone of Corbett park.
- Day 4 – We do Morning Safari inside Bijrani Zone. After breakfast, we drive out of the Bijrani zone to Dhikala zone of Corbett. We will try to reach Dhikala forest rest house before lunch. We will Check-in at the Dhikala forest rest house around noon. After lunch, we will go for Evening Safari in the Corbett Dhikala zone.
- Day 5,6 – We will do Morning and Evening safaris inside the Dhikala zone of Corbett park.
- Day 7 – On the last day we will do Morning safari at Dhikala zone, after Breakfast, we will check-out and drive back to Delhi. The Tour concludes at Delhi (at our designated place).
Delhi – Corbett – Delhi
Overseas Nationals (Cost given below is in Indian Rupees)
Cost per person is
Single occupancy available at additional Supplementary charge.
- 10 open jeep safaris
- All park fees
- 6 nights accommodation in basic forest rest house based on double occupancy
- All Veg meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to delhi
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Cost does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Delhi and back.
- Tips to forest guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
- Forest fees for Handicams/Video cameras (forest fees if any for still cameras will be paid).
Corbett Jungle Stay
- The best part of this tour is the stay cause it is inside the middle of the forest in the core area.
- The Accommodation is however permanent.
- It is a basic clean forest rest houses run by the forest dept.
- It has electric fencing around for safety from wild animals.
- We stay in 2 different areas of the park.
- One is Bijrani zone and other is Dhikala zone.
- Bijrani has no electricity except a solar power for limited use of fan at night. It is also not reliable.
- Dhikala has electricity and is one of the major tourist centers.
- Food is Simple Indian Vegetarian Food. (Eggs may be possible)
- Images of the rest houses as seen above.
About the Corbett tour
Corbett Stay and Photography Tour is meant for an experience to stay in the middle of the forest along with great wildlife watching and photography opportunity.
All our tours operate at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Thus we give more time at each place, instead of hopping around from place to place. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
Each tour itinerary is simple and needs minimum travel outside the forest. We spend most of the time on safari watching and photographing wildlife.
A tour with us will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants and take better photographs of wildlife.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We will start and end our safaris according to the forest dept timings. We understand that the Best possible time to watch & photograph wildlife is the early mornings and late evenings when animal activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings safari usually starts as early as 6:00 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
12 jungle game drives during the tour will give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph a lot of animals.
Tigers, Asian Elephants, Hog Deer, cheetals Etc. You can also see a lot of birds.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph tigers and other wildlife, along with other like-minded people.
How to reach Delhi?
Delhi is reachable from around the world. Inside India, there are direct flights from all major cities.
The cost for nonphotographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers. The cost for foreigners is higher than that for Indians.