Asiatic Lion Photography Tour at Gir
Asiatic Lion Photography Tour at Sasan Gir for 6 days/5 nights. Sasan Gir in India is the last place in the world where the wild Asiatic Lions live. The only lions outside Africa. Raised from the brink of extinction about 20 to more than 400 today. Stay at very comfortable air-conditioned & elegantly furnished jungle resort. This is a private guided tour accompanied by a wildlife photographer to see and photograph the last remaining Wild Asiatic Lions Up Close.
Features & Information
Highlights of Asiatic Lion Photography Tour at Gir
- Accompanied by Wildlife Photographer Talat Khalid.
- The last place to see & photograph wild Asiatic Lions.
- 10 Jungle safaris/game drives in 4×4 open private vehicle (gypsy).
- Only 2-3 participants in each vehicle (can seat 6) for optimal watching & photographic opportunity.
- Ideal for nature lovers & photographers of any skill level.
- Less Travel and Maximum time spent in the forest.
- Serious focus on great wildlife watching & photography.
- Spacious Air conditioned vehicles for traveling to the parks.
Itinerary of Asiatic Lion Photography Tour at Gir
- Day 1 – Pickup from Rajkot airport/hotel in the morning. We will travel by road (approx 3-4 hrs) to Sasan Gir and Check-in at the resort at noon. After lunch, we will go for our first Evening Game Drive inside the Sasan Gir national park.
- Day 2,3,4,5 – Everyday we do Morning and Evening Game Drives inside the park.
- Day 6 – On our last day, we will do Morning Game Drive. After Breakfast, we check-out and drive back to Rajkot. The Tour concludes at Rajkot (at our designated place).
Rajkot – Gir – Rajkot
Overseas Nationals (Cost given below is in Indian Rupees)
Cost per person is
Single occupancy available at additional Supplementary charge.
- 10 open jeep safaris
- All park fees
- Forest fees for Still Cameras.
- 5 nights accommodation in comfortable air conditioned jungle resorts based on double occupancy
- All meals including morning and evening tea
- Pickup/Drop from/to Rajkot
- Packaged Mineral Water for Drinking
- Services of local guides and drivers
- Services of Wildlife photographer Talat Khalid as your photography guide and tour leader.
Cost does not Include
- Your travel charges from your home town to Rajkot and back.
- Tips to forest guides and resort staff.
- Alcoholic beverages and sodas Laundry, phone and other items of a personal nature
- Forest fees for Still & Video Cameras.
- Stay in very comfortable air-conditioned & elegantly furnished jungle resorts.
- Modern amenities including air-conditioned rooms, hot showers, 24 hrs power backup with a generator, Bottled Drinking Water.
- Fantastic multi-cuisine kitchen serving a variety of dishes for both vegetarian & nonvegetarian taste.
- Our accommodations are quite close to the forest and have a very natural ambiance.
Let us know if you need more details including images of the accommodations used.
About the Asiatic Lion Photography Tour
Asiatic Lion Photography Tour is designed for exceptional lion watching & photography experience.
All our tours operate at an easy pace that we believe is necessary for good wildlife watching and photography. Thus we give more time at each place, instead of hopping around from place to place. Wildlife in our experience requires time and patience.
Each tour itinerary is simple and needs minimum travel outside the forest. We spend most of the time on safari watching and photographing wildlife.
A tour with us will give you the opportunity to explore and know the place and its inhabitants.
Private guided tour
All our tours are private guided tours with a very tiny group of nature lovers. The average group size is usually 2 or 3 people.
Advantages to photographers
Beginners or Amateur Photographers can learn a lot in the field from the accompanying wildlife photographer. They also gain a lot of in the field insight and practical tips about wildlife photography and animal behavior.
Professional photographers definitely benefit from the experience of the accompanying photographer about the place and the animals. This improves the chances of a great photograph by being in right place and position.
Best time for wildlife
We enter the forest as soon as the park gates open in morning and stay as late in the evening before the park gate closes. We understand that the Best possible time to watch & photograph wildlife is the early mornings and late evenings when animal activity is at its highest and the soft golden light creates great images.
Timings vary depending on the seasons and the park officials. Mornings safari usually starts as early as 6:00 a.m. and evenings end around sunset.
What to expect
10 jungle safaris during the 6 days will give plenty of opportunities to watch & photograph the Asiatic Lions. Besides the lions, you may also see a host of other amazing animals like langurs, cheetals, neelgais, jackals, marsh crocodiles, birds etc. Gir is also known for the high density of leopards so there is a very good chance to see this elusive animal.
Who can join this tour?
Any person who wants to see or photograph tigers and other wildlife, along with other like-minded people.
How to reach Rajkot?
From Delhi/Mumbai, you can take the overnight train or Flight to Rajkot. The tour starts and ends at Rajkot. Rajkot has daily direct flights to Delhi or Mumbai.
The cost for nonphotographer participants e.g. spouses & friends is the same as photographers. The cost for foreigners is higher than that for Indians.